Registered Nurse - OncologyApply Now Department DFCI Oncology Schedule Part-time benefits Shift Days Hours M-Th 8-430
****DEPARTMENT EMPLOYEES ONLY****
Statement of Purpose:
The Oncology RN is responsible for providing patient care that is sensitive to the needs of diverse populations, including but not limited to culture, ethnicity, gender, and age.
Evaluates educational, psychosocial, and physiological needs of the patient and family.
Will administer medications, assist with procedures as needed, and provide referrals as appropriate. As part of the healthcare team will work in collaboration with physicians and ancillary departments to ensure quality continuum of care.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required: Bachelors in Nursing preferred
- Licensed Nurse in the state of Massachusetts, in good standing.
- BS in Nursing (or currently matriculated in BS program), preferred
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience as an RN
- Ambulatory and/or oncology experience preferred
- Certification in Oncology Nursing, OCN, AOCN, or CPON preferred.
- Current CPR skills.
Hospital differentials are: $3.50 hourly for evenings, $4.75 hourly for nights, and $2.75 hourly for weekends. All differentials are paid based per hospital policy.