Endoscopy TechnicianApply Now Department Endoscopy Schedule Part-time benefits Shift Days Hours 24 hours, days and hours vary
Statement of Purpose:
The Endoscopy Technician performs a variety of duties related to the care of patients, care and maintenance of GI Flexible Endoscopes and Accessories, and provides technical support to the nursing staff and physicians of the Endoscopy Unit.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans and disinfect GI endoscopes and other endoscopic instruments according to manufacturer recommendations and hospital standards.
- Assisting in procedures
- Performs set up and break down of patient procedure rooms
- Assists with ordering and restocking of supplies.
- Performs care and maintenance of GI Endoscopes.
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent. Specialized training and experience in processing instruments, especially Flexible Endoscopes a plus.
Skills/ Certification / License: current CPR skills
- Planned 6-8 weeks of orientation to the Endoscopy Suite by an endoscopy technician or professional nurse; ongoing in-service programs and on-the-job experiences/training. Customized orientation to each endoscopic procedure. Basic computer skills needed.
Hospital differentials are: $3.50 hourly for evenings, $4.75 hourly for nights, and $2.75 hourly for weekends. All differentials are paid based per hospital policy.